The scientific program includes plenary talks from the following invited speakers:
Lund University, Sweden
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Germany
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands
There will also be numerous (parallel) sessions with contributed lectures covering a wide range of topics in Systems and Control.
New in this edition are two Meet-the-Experts sessions. This initiative is mainly targeted towards early-stage PhD students. Its purpose is to provide an informal atmosphere where participants can interact with experts who will give their undivided attention for research advice and networking.
The two sessions are planned on Tuesday and Wednesday, between the last technical sessions and the conferece dinner:
- Tuesday March 24, 18.35-19.00,
- Wednesday March 25, 18.35-19.00,
The confirmed participating experts are the plenary speakers as well as selected members from the Scientific Committee, having a complementary expertise on a large variety of topics within systems and control.
- Tore Hägglund (Tu, Wed) : process control, PID control, adaptive control, monitoring, diagnosis
- Achim Kienle (Tu, Wed) : process control, dynamic modeling and simulation of complex process and bioprocess systems, nonlinear dynamics of chemical and biological processes, process optimization
- Paul Van den Hof (Wed) : system identification, dynamic networks, identification for control, automation systems in process control, (oil) reservoir engineering
- Jacqueline Scherpen (Tu) : nonlinear model order reduction, passivity based control, physics based modeling, nonlinear control, smart energy systems
- Michel Kinnaert (Wed) : fault detection and isolation, statistical change detection, fault tolerant control, wind turbine
- Robain De Keyser (Tu) : predictive control, PID autotuning, system identification, control of mechatronic systems, control of biomedical systems
- Julien Hendrickx (Tu, Wed) : multi-agent systems, decentralized control, networks, complexity
- Paul Van Dooren (Wed) : numerical linear algebra, large graphs and networks, linear systems theory, model reduction, periodic systems
- Pierre-Antoine Absil (Tu, Wed) : optimization, optimization on manifolds, dynamical systems, matrix factorization, biological data analysis
- Rik Pintelon (Tu, Wed) : system identification, time-variant systems, nonlinear systems, frequency domain, errors-in-variables
- Johan Schoukens (Tu, Wed) : system identification, nonlinear system, linear system, nonparametric measurements, parametric models
- Maarten Steinbuch (Tu, Wed) : motion control, cars, robots, plasma fusion, fun